1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u-20 World Cup final

Discussion in 'International Football' started by ruthyn, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ruthyn

ruthyn Well-Known Member Moderator Barnsley

Beverage:
    Old Speckled Hen
    First Game:
    Reds 1 Chester 1 Jan 1974 att. 8,511 No entrance fee to get in for anybody!. Murphy OG!
    Just watched England beat Venezuela 1-0, great game from both sets of players, well done England!!

2. pontyred

pontyred Active Member Barnsley

Missed it Ruthyn never knew it was on!! not seen any publicity about it either :(

3. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Missed it missen , great achievement , Well done lads , fust teeaum will nivva get close to the 66 teeaum ,

4. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Active Member Moderator Barnsley

Hey this is a brilliant achievement and Im dead chuffed to be able to say we/England have won the footy World cup at U-20 level.
    (and Im not being sarcy, this is a genuine well done to our lads) :)

Also on the subject of the Bbc showing it, I say well done to them at least but its a shame it couldnt have been advertised better because Ive heard loads of fans say they never even knew we were there, or they didnt know the Final was being shown live etc.
    Come on.... I think the England team AND the fans deserved much better coverage and attention than what they actually got to be honest.

5. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Fans don't matter anymore Acido , thort yud worked that out , greedy only want sponsorship from big companies now , they don't give a shyte about the fans

6. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Active Member Moderator Barnsley

I know that Roma, and yes I do agree.
    But think about this for a minute eh, we/England have won a footy World cup tournament and regardless of what level its played at, the lack of telly coverage for both the team and us as fans was appalling wasnt it.

The frikkin despicable over rated so called Champions League gets all the telly coverage now and far too many players look at this as easy money, and more importantly than playing for their countries.

Our lads might not ever win the U-20 World cup again, so like I say the lack of coverage for their brilliant achievent this time has been appalling.