1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the new platform!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Allegrif, May 23, 2017.

1. Allegrif

Allegrif Site Founder Administrator Barnsley

Stand:
    Family Stand
    Beverage:
    San Miguel
    As you might recall from a few months ago, I ran a poll on whether to make the forum more neutral and include other teams, somewhat like footymad. It was a landslide vote in favour of yes, but I've only just gotten the time to implement the change (trust me, it's taken many, many hours!)

So, this is the new site. It's no longer just Barnsley anymore. All the old TykeTalk threads and posts have been preserved and brought forward to the new site, but there might just be some missing from May 23rd to May 24th.

Take a look around, invite your love/hate relationship Owl and Blade friends & colleagues, and let's see how quickly we can get this up and running :)

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Old Goat

Old Goat Active Member Barnsley

Cheers Allegrif.
    I'll admit to being a bit baffled at first, cos I couldn't remember the vote at all (but goats are easily baffled at the best of times and don't have much in the way of memory). So when I came on here yesterday this all looked a bit odd and I thought at first that the loss of the "recent posts" sidebar would be a problem. Then I realised that the Barnsley section was exactly what I'd always wanted, just a straight list of topics without all the confusion of multiple folders, just the same as Tykesmad.
    Shame that we've lost the reference to the Rimmington Suite, as that was a nice touch, but maybe we could dedicate the BFC section "in memory of Rimmo" or words to that effect.
    Slightly concerned about the timing, as the previous format was just starting to burst into life again, with some new posters and some old faces reappearing. Hopefully the loss of the last couple of days posts won't put them off. Main thing is that we get posting again, get the show back on the road and build the whole thing up. Not sure how much appetite there will be from established footie communities to relocate to this place, but time will tell.

Question - in the past we had occasional glitches when (I think) we might have overloaded the place. Is that right and could it be a problem if the other teams sections start to blossom? Or is capacity not aproblem?

3. OP
    OP
    Allegrif

Stand:
    Family Stand
    Beverage:
    San Miguel
    Yes, perhaps in hindsight a bit more forewarning might have been appropriate. My apologies, I'm actually autistic so sometimes things like that fly over my head. Sorry if anyone was a bit taken aback.

We'll get a reference to Rimmo in, I was hoping for some input on how we could go about that.

Capacity shouldn't be an issue - Tyketalk had some bugs in it which are not present in this newer platform.

4. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Acido , are you able to contact Rodcurrie the Blunt and Braggy owl ? Both good lads and proper footie fans , I'm not sure how to contact em missen , both on footymad and would be great to move this forum forward , regards Roma .
    PS more interaction from viewers only would help too , common dunt be scared ev a go :)

5. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Active Member Moderator Barnsley

You could try contacting them on FM with private messages Roma, but I dont think FM would like any of us plugging a rival site on their own boards. :eek:

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    I understand that Acido , myself and SB have tried to help ? If nobody responds to any posts , then there's not much point in posting owt at all , given its close seerson , and probably some either dunt Undastand me an SB ? Or dunt like us for some rearsun ? Is a anutha matta , hope things improve on ere sooin :p

7. Acido Tyke

There are still some replies on here Roma but its only going to get quieter now because as you say its pre season.

8. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Fair enuff , a bit ov gossip cud elp !! ALF to come t Oakwell next searson ?

9. Acido Tyke

Adam Le Fondre ? Now theres a forgotten man if ever there was one.
    In fact who is he, I cant even remember. :p

There are loads of FM fans who I think I could trust to give it a go on here but Im not sure if they would be interested as its so quiet right now.

10. OP
    OP
    Allegrif

Stand:
    Family Stand
    Beverage:
    San Miguel
    I'll be working on some free promotion methods this week. Some of my Facebook stuff yielded those Wigan fans, but it looks like there wasn't enough content to keep them yet

11. Acido Tyke

Exactly Griff, thats kind of what I meant.
    Basically this is still the old Tyke Talk isnt it at the moment, between us Barnsley lot. I hope this works out though, and that some new inter-board banter with fans of other teams can start. The best thing about this site is NO ads. :)

12. Old Goat

Old Goat Active Member Barnsley

Agree with all the above, I guess its up to us to keep things ticking over for the next few months. Maybe a few OT posts would help - I shall put my thinking cap on.
    Roma - nowt persnal burra dunt think thar elpin much wi thi dodgy spellins. Its orlreyt forus that no wot tha seyin but folk from forrin parts wint eva clue. And even ahm strugglin a bit summat time. ;)

13. pontyred

pontyred Active Member Barnsley

As much as I like Roma's and SBReds's ramblings, it does put other posters off as they don't understand "SPEYK" short attention spans and they cant be bothered to work it out
    Last of the Summer Wine :D
    But seriously my own kids won't post on here because 1) it isn't facebook 2) they can't understand some of the language and humour (well they are teenagers) 3) They are like their mother :(
    But they ARE Reds fans :D

Romared likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Allegrif

Stand:
    Family Stand
    Beverage:
    San Miguel
    Most forums are being killed by Facebook now, but to be honest I much prefer the feel of a forum. It's more orderly and less hectic

15. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    :)A kno its not personal mate ,me n SB ev allus bin, keeping Tarn Speyk gooin , I dunt Undastand summat tuthas either :) mackums , deedahs, etc , wiv gorrus orn way t flumax visitin fans thats all , nowt offensive ment , burrit keeps um on the tooas

16. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Al try t geeor , but am a Barnsley lad and thats arr a speyk !! Norra promis mind :rolleyes:

17. goldieRed

goldieRed Active Member Barnsley

Barnsley ???????????????
    Tha's from Roooaaammm!! :D:D:D:D
    Or are than gonna explain thee family tree?

18. Acido Tyke

Bloomin facebook is causing so many problems these days, I wish they would pull the plug on it!! :mad:

19. Romared

Romared Member Barnsley

Beverage:
    Amarone/ carling
    First Game:
    Arr a roooooaaaammm rarnd tarn, mi nickname wa likkuriss !! Allsoorts a trees , bit like co op teear branches
    ivvryweer :cool:

20. pontyred

pontyred Active Member Barnsley

I remember chewin lickrish twigs yonks ago.
    Lasted weeks!